New Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains

I hope you guys don't get sick of my reviews of Revlon lip products, but i have yet another product from Revlon to show you: The Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains! This is the first time I've ever tried a lip stain product--I'm not sure there are many drugstore lip stains on the market (let me know in the comments if there are!) but when I saw these I knew I had to try them!


Isn't the packaging cute? They are chubby pencils and they twist up from the bottom so no sharpener is needed! If you google Clinique Chubby sticks they look very similar packaging wise although I've never tried them so I can't comment on the formula.

I picked up three colors. I believe there are around twelve colors available. As you can see from the pictures, I got two bright pinks and a bright coral. In person Lovesick has more of a darker purple undertone in comparison to the hot pink Sweetheart, but they look very similar on the lips and in swatches. As I hate having nearly identical colors in my collection, I'll be getting rid of one of them--regardless they're both beautiful pinks! I realllllly love Rendezvous. It's a really gorgeous bright coral that is incredibly wearable! I have a post HERE where I'm wearing Rendezvous--you can see the color is very pigmented when you build it up!

L-R Lovesick, Sweetheart, Rendezvous

As it's a stain, you can control the amount of color you want. For the swatches, I went over multiple times to get a really nice opaque color but I could have easily done one swipe for sheerer application. I like the texture of these--it is definitely a balm just like the product says so it's not really glossy or slippery. I did find these to be a little more drying than my other lip products (for example the Revlon lip butters which I found incredibly moisturizing). However I usually slather on a moisturizing lip balm before applying so it counteracts dryness the stain might cause. The finish is slightly glossy but after being on the lips for a little while it dries down to a nearly matte finish.

I've been testing these for about a little while now, trying them out everyday and I have to say, the stain is actually really nice! When I apply it opaquely, the color lasts strong on my lips for at least two or three hours before it fades to the stain. Then the stain lasts another couple of  hours. Great lasting power! I really loved wearing a stain version of bright colors--I could just swipe it on and go and I didn't have to be as careful with the application as I do with bright lipsticks (no mirror needed too!). One last note if you're curious: they have a very minty smell! I LOVE the mint--it's so refreshing!

Anyway, if you want an easy way to wear a bright lip, definitely try these out! They come in a ton of shades (from neutral to reds to pinks to brights) I'm sure you could find one that suits your style :) On the other hand, if you are someone who has incredibly dry lips, detests products that are drying or don't like to bother with putting lip balm on before your lip products, you may want to try a more moisturizing lip product (I recommend the Revlon Lip Butters!). If you do try them, remember to look for drugstore sales and coupons!

What do you think of these? Are you a fan of lip stains? If yes what are your favorites!?

Comments

  1. I've been looking for these, but haven't seen them yet in my area. Love your choice of colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I picked up two of these....LOVE ONE! Not a fan of the color of the other. Wish these had true to color packaging, but the formula is so great, i can overlook it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe how similar these look to the Clinique Chubby Sticks! The finish also looks similar to the Chubby Sticks so I can't wait to see if this is a dupe. I'm sure the price is much more reasonable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are like identical to the Tarte Lip Surgence Stains! They even have the mint part too!

    http://www.cutely-whimsical.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will def give these a try when I see them I am a big fan of Revlon! Also really love tinted lip balms and lip stains over lipstick so this looks great!
    Revlon also does a felt tip pen style lip stain which I like.
    So does Covergirl and Maxfactor.
    Revlon are my favourite and they come with a blam on one end.. and I find they last a bit longer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love chubby sticks! I gotta try these :)
    merrybellyland777.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh these look really pretty. I haven't tried a lot of Revlon lip products. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omg these look amazing, much better than Clinique's! Can't wait til they are out over here :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a Chubby Stick to me, I would say these may have more pigmentation :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The colours are gorgeous! Initially i thought they were the new Clinique Sticks as they look identical, but it's good to know that there is a cheaper alternative in the market! I can't wait to try these out, they look like a must have for the summer :)

    Lots of Love, Ana
    cupcakesandflowers.blogspot.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh god hope these come over to the UK very soon. cant wait to get my hands on them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. lemming so badly. these seem a lot like the tarte pencils with the mintyness

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven;t been able to find these in my area but am anxious to try them! I am not thrilled with the revlon just bitten lip stains so I hope these are better

    ReplyDelete
  14. They are a lot like the Tarte pencils, but with stronger color (unless you get the matte ones), but these are more affordable! They have more color than the Clinique Chubby Sticks, too. I've seen the Revlon lip balm stains at Rite Aid for $8.99, and at Bed Bath & Beyond for $6.79.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great review, Amanda! I'm so glad I checked out your blog. I gave these a shot but I wasn't impressed with Honey and Rendezvous. I might have to pick up one of those pinks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I never saw Sweetheart at my store!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have to check these out! Those pinks are gorgeous and a lot prettier looking than the Clinique Chubby Sticks that I own. Thank you for this review!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bronze Eyeshadow Swatches: Mac Tempting, Urban Decay Smog, Nars Kalahari, & Inglot

Nars Galapagos Swatches and Thoughts

Estee Lauder Pure Color Blush: Lover's Blush